In New York, September 18, 2023 - Bewsys joined a new initiative today to accelerate private sector action at the pace and scale needed to deliver on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and meet the 2030 Agenda. The UN Global Compact Forward Faster initiative calls on business leaders everywhere to take measurable, credible and ambitious action in areas that have the power to accelerate progress across all 17 Sustainable Development Goals where the private sector can collectively make the biggest, fastest impact by 2030.
The SDG Progress Report released earlier this year by UN Secretary-General António Guterres, showed that just 15 percent of the Sustainable Development Goal targets are on track, progress on 48 percent is weak and insufficient, and progress has stalled or gone into reverse on 37 percent of the SDGs.
Robert Okine, CEO of Bewsys, shared his perspective on the initiative,
"As the CEO of Bewsys, I am proud to announce our commitment to join the Faster Forward initiative. In a world that is constantly evolving, we understand that to thrive truly, we must not only keep up with the times but move forward faster. History has shown us that those who succeed are the ones who embrace change, adapt, and lead the way into the future.
The urgency of our times cannot be understated. With only 15% of the Sustainable Development Goals on track for 2030, we must be more ambitious in our efforts to make a meaningful impact. The Faster Forward initiative aligns perfectly with our values and vision as a company. We believe that it's not enough to be a passive observer of progress; we must be active participants, driving change and innovation.
Our commitment to the Faster Forward initiative is a testament to our dedication to creating a better world for all. We recognize that by focusing on these 5 key areas of action, we can accelerate progress across all 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Together with the private sector, we have the power to make the biggest, fastest impact by 2030.
At Bewsys, we are not just leaders in our industry; we are leaders in driving positive change. We are forward thinkers, doers, builders, changers, movers, and leaders. Joining the Faster Forward initiative is not just a commitment; it's a call to action. Let us work together, hand in hand, to shape a brighter, more sustainable future for generations to come."
Bewsys has committed to three targets in five action areas:
- Equal representation, participation, and leadership across all levels of management by 2030.
- Equal pay for work of equal value by 2030.
- 100 percent of employees across the organization earn a living wage by 2030.
- Establish a joint action plan(s) with contractors, supply chain partners, and other key stakeholders to work towards achieving living wages and/or living incomes with measurable and time-bound milestones.
Finance & Investment
- Align corporate investment – to the fullest extent possible – with SDG policies and strategies, and set targets, track and report on the amount and proportion of such SDG investments.
- Establish a corporate financing strategy that is linked to SDG investments and performance, and report on the amount and proportion of such SDG finance.